Wednesday 3 December 2014

Unexpected costs

Although I don't generally post bloody wounds on my blog I thought I should let you know about the risks of having a worksite at home and having dogs in the backyard. I came home one afternoon in August to find this gaping wound on Toffee's leg. A quick bit of day surgery and many 100's of dollars later and she was as good as new. Then just last week, Mum and David were over with Molly and she scraped her belly on a bit of box guttering while chasing flies. Thankfully she didn't need to have an anaesthetic and was stitched up with only a little help...3 of us firmly holding her as the vet placed a couple of quick stitches on her side. 

The good news is that Toffee has completely recovered, Molly is also fine, she has a bucket head and we get to have a  few laughs at her expense.
yucky wound on poor Toffee

Molly's nasty wound

No comments:

Post a Comment