Tuesday 20 January 2015

6 weeks into the hempcreting - a few progress shots

6 weeks in and things seem to be going pretty well. We are having visitors tomorrow, Neil and Sandy, fellow hempcreters we met before we began building. We are looking forward to catching up with them and to be honest it will be another great opportunity to pick their brains. You may notice the rather strange shadow image below. Well lime dust stiffens the hair somewhat, you want a pineapple look, with lime dust you too can achieve that look!!

This is my new method for avoiding whacking my head on the rafters.
My hair is my alert system. Got to say I look ridiculous but it works
very well. The risk is you have a visitor come over..yes it happened and
it was a little embarrassing, particularly when it is my friend Cazz bringing
over a friend, in this case Scott from the Bright Brewery, he seemed
to take it in his stride.


My brother Paul protecting both his head and shoulders with this
rather swanky sombrero

The southern wall from the inside
This is a photo looking over the western wall to the roof of our
kitchen, the scaffolding is at its highest point here

I was up that high, yikes! That is the highest point in the build.
This is the western wall, we removed a window from here as an
economic measure, I think it is better as the western sun can be
blisteringly hot. We have been using a pulley to hoist the hempcrete
up high. The pulley system works well.
It's quite scary up there

The southern wall from the outside, I think it looks terrific.

1 comment: