Wednesday 2 September 2015

Ceilings complete with MgO Boards and hemp insulation

The ceiling in the living area, kitchen and even the link are now complete. They all have the MgO board and hempcrete insulation. You will see the lines on the boards, that is just the process of the hemp insulation drying out. The boards will need to be finished by a plasterer before they are lime wash painted.  It has been a relatively trauma-free experience. I should say trauma-free for me as I have not done a great deal of this part of the build, unless you include me being 'supportive'. I went to my friend's birthday party the other week and had a hoot. Everyone asked how the renovation was going, made me worry what I would have to talk about when all is complete! Might have to do something equally crazy.

We are in the process of finding a renderer, hopefully, that will be sorted out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment