Thursday 4 May 2017

Hempcrete performance....is it working??...bloody oath!

I took four photos today at about midday. I just thought I would check the temperature of different parts of the house....how good is this!
This is the back of the house, completely hemp built. We have 2 hydronic panels installed but have not yet
turned them on this winter. This is thermal mass and amazing insulative properties doing its thing!
However, we weren't quite brave enough to forgo heating entirely. I don't think the space would remain
warm enough if there was a week of overcast days (although that could be my next test).  Now
this is still not as good as it will be due to the link. The space between the hemp renovation
and the old house. The link is drafty with gaping holes in the floor and ceiling.
Brrrrr....This is the temperature of the drafty link, just a single sliding door away from the hemp
renovation.We are definitely keeping that sliding door shut!
This is my daughter looking stylish in front of the stated sliding door
that is keeping the chill out. As you can see she is on her way
to an 80's party with a very genuine look.
It helps when the 80's was your era
....and the era of your friends!!!


I had the heating on in the old part of the house in the morning before it turned itself off
at around 8.00am. By midday the temperature had dropped from 19C to 16.5C, a little cold
to be comfortable. This part of the house are bedrooms and are empty for most of the
day, so it is ok being this cool. Before the renovation I had to use heating if
I was working from home because 16 odd degrees and dropping is uncomfortable
and my typing fingers would get cold...oh poor me!


This is the outside temperature when I used this device (thingy)
pointed at an outside wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment